Please read carefully and follow all instructions to ensure your application is considered.
Applicants must be:
- A veteran of the United States Military.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Able to demonstrate their interest in writing for film and TV.
- Committed to completing 1 screenplay or TV pilot during the program.
- Able to participate in all program meetings and fulfill all program requirements.
- Open to constructive criticism and respectful to all other participants and mentors. WGF will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, disability, or national origin. Participants who violate this rule will be immediately removed from the program.
Veterans who have already participated in the program may not attend a second time. However, if you have applied in the past and were not accepted, we encourage you to apply again.
At the end of the application, please attach a copy of your DD214 with your social security number blocked out. Applications without proof of service will not be considered.
You may save your application progress and return to it once you create an account.
The application is due Monday, February 24, 2020 by 11:59pm PST. Late applications will not be accepted or reviewed.
After the application window closes, you may be contacted to set up a phone interview in March 2020.
You will be notified about the status of your application no later than Monday, April 6, 2020.
Exact dates and scheduling details will be announced upon acceptance to the program:
Applicants in the greater Los Angeles area are strongly encouraged to apply. Accepted local applicants will be expected to attend:
- The weekend retreat June 2020
- Weekly summer meetings July - August 2020
- Monthly mentorship meetings September 2020 - May 2021
Applicants outside the greater Los Angeles area are welcome to apply. Accepted out-of-town applicants will be expected to attend the weekend retreat in-person in June 2020.
Accepted applicants will be responsible for their own travel and lodging costs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org